Who we are:
The YES Foundation of White Center exists to address the social, economic, educational, physical, and spiritual needs of youth in the White Center area. By developing programs and partnering with other organizations, we provide kids with positive role models and powerful life experiences to encourage their hope and vision for the future.
Who we SERVE:
The YES Foundation serves the children, youth and young adults in the White Center community.
What we DO:
- College Scholarships: We are committed to supporting and encouraging students in their academic pursuits. Each year, the YES Foundation offers scholarship awards, which recognize, academic achievement, community service and leadership potential.
- Christmas in June: As if summer isn’t good news all by itself, Christmas in June is an athletic equipment drive that ensures every child in our target schools will receive a brand new toy, game or ball and an encouragement to be active and stay safe over summer vacation.
- Jack Thompson Sports Camps: We offer summer sports camps & clinics to young athletes who are anxious to learn the skills and fundamentals in a variety of sports including tennis, football, soccer, basketball, volleyball and cheer.
- Link: We are partnering with AIGA to connect White Center youth with artists and creative professionals to help encourage expression, creativity and self esteem though innovative workshops and educational scholarships
- Major Taylor Bicycle Club: In addition to teaching kids about bike safety and bike maintenance, this club will take t the road to experience their community and different areas of Seattle on bikes, while having fun with their leaders and their friends.
- Outdoor Experiences: White Center youth experience the outdoors with professional trained guides who are adventure minded and passionate to share the outdoors with young people through hiking, backpacking, rock climbing and river rafting.
- Upper Room Studio:Young people have an opportunity to explore their talents, passion and interests in music, sound and video production while becoming proficient in recording and media software and equipment.
Our Program Partners
Act Six and the Northwest Leadership Foundation, AIGA Link Seattle, Baden Sports, Community Schools Collaboration, Cultivate, Highline Schools, Lake Burien Presbyterian Church, John Perkins Center – Seattle Pacific University, Major Taylor Project with Cascade Bicycle Club, Mt. View Presbyterian Church, Peak 7, Reality Sports, Run to Win, Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission, Stephanie’s Lifeline, Trackademics, White Center CDA, World Vision, Youth for Christ
Advisory Board Members: